Willkommen to Oktoberfest Brisbane
Australia’s largest German Festival.
Come and experience our iconic German Festival – it’s perfect for an after-work meet-up, leisurely family Sunday, or a buzzing evening out with friends.
Bringing together all lovers of German fun, food and culture over two weekends in October, Oktoberfest Brisbane – one of the Top 10 Oktoberfests outside Germany – transforms the heart of Brisbane into an authentic German town festival.
Starting in true Munich style with the Lord Mayor of the city ceremoniously tapping the first keg at the traditional ‘Anzapfen’ opening ceremony, it’s a cultural festival of:
- Sights within the impressive authentic Oktoberfest Tent, relaxing Munich Biergarten, traditional bustling ‘Marktplatz’ Market Square, cultural hub German Connections Tent, or rollicking Kinder-Zone
- Sounds of our crowd-favourite Bavarian Oktoberfest Band, flown in directly from Munich
- Smells and tastes of the absolute finest in German gourmet foods, hand-crafted German beers and wines
- Touch the softest, cuddliest baby farm animals
- Singing, clapping, dancing to yodellers, traditional dancers and cow-bell ringers
- Thrills & spills of the Miss Oktoberfest Brisbane, Bavarian Strongmen and Beardmeister competitions
- Laughter at the Punch-and-Judy style antics of the puppet show
- Learning how to dance like a German, dress like a German, speak like a German, cook like a German and all about German culture, at the displays and shows
- Schools! Unique in Australia – and possibly to any Oktoberfest worldwide – our Oktoberfest for Teens is the largest German language schools event in all Australia.
- Relax and soak up the amazing atmosphere – experience authentic Germany:
- The ‘Marktplatz’ Market Square is the outdoor bustling hub, lined with food stalls, the German Connections Tent, and souvenir stands
- Our authentic Oktoberfest Tent with its traditional wooden flooring, ceiling wreaths, bunting and decorations that are exactly what you’d find in Germany – and most come from Germany
- The Biergarten transports you to Munich: authentic wooden tables and benches on the grass, grand old trees and fairy lights at night
Every single aspect of the festival is organised by two Australian-German families, with German precision and inspired by their love of life, family, fun, traditions, culture, celebrating and sharing.
Since 2008 we are proud to have raised more than $155,000 for Brisbane charity, Youngcare.
Oktoberfest Brisbane is more than Australia’s largest and most authentic Oktoberfest – it’s the nation’s biggest German Festival!
Best seats in the house! Your own reserved VIP table in the ‘Bavarian Corner’. Bring your friends or colleagues, and embrace your inner German.
Find out the when, where, how and who for this year’s Oktoberfest Brisbane.
The most popular questions about Oktoberfest Brisbane answered here.