It’s showtime, German-style! Coming from all corners of Queensland and direct from Munich, our fabulous entertainers make this the best German Festival ever.
- Rainer and his fabulous ‘Münchner Buam’ Oktoberfest band will be flying in again directly from Munich to keep everyone singing and dancing to the traditional and modern German Festival favourites that have made them a hit the world over – In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus, Anton aus Tirol, Fliegerlied, Chicken Dance to Country Road or Rockin’ all over the world.
- ‘Schunkel’ to your heart’s content! Link arms with your neighbour and sway in time to the music, or try the ‘advanced’ version .. left, right, up and down ..
- Traditional German dancing, leg slapping and cow bell ringing from the popular Alpenrosen. Join in the Hat Dance – looks easy, but gets tricky!
- Yodelling masters, Heidi and Adeline, will transport you to the alps of Germany and Austria with their amazing talents. Get involved in their crowd sing-a-long or discover your cowbell ringing skills.
- Traditional Kasperltheater-style puppet show – extremely entertaining and a huge hit with all kids from 1 to 100!
- German fashion show for the latest his, hers and kids’ Dirndl and Lederhosen trends.
- Roaming accordionist, Vic, plays the most-loved Oktoberfest tunes for all the Market Square and Munich Biergarten audience. Ask him to play YOUR favourite.
- Autofest spectacular – drool over some of the most loved German cars ever built; discover why ‘made in Germany’ makes the hearts of car-enthusiasts everywhere beat faster.
“Get ready and get your ‘schunkel’ on!”
“Something for everyone – great for families or groups of friends alike. Wonderful atmosphere created by the fantastic Bavarian band. Just a great celebration of all things German!”
Oktoberfest Brisbane 2014 visitor