You, your friends or your organisation have the chance to win fame, food and festival fun while helping our chosen charity partner, Youngcare! Do your bit for the community and help us raise money by bidding on the very first Pork Knuckle of this year’s German Festival!
Youngcare believes all young people deserve to live full, young lives, whatever their care needs. As well as helping to provide more choices, Youngcare also does amazing work finding housing options for younger Australians with 24/7 care needs. Since Oktoberfest Brisbane began in 2008, we are proud to have raised $125,738 for this very worthy charity.
This year we are once again auctioning the very first, succulent Pork Knuckle of the festival – the ‘Pork Knuckle of Destiny’ – to the highest bidder. This is a unique and delicious prize, with all monies raised going directly to Youngcare. Michael van der Drift, from Götzinger Smallgoods, very kindly donates the esteemed ‘Pork Knuckle of Destiny’ each year.
The auction starts now and the illustrious Pork Knuckle will be presented on the first Friday of Oktoberfest Brisbane at the ‘Anzapfen’ official opening ceremony. The winning bidder and their team, will then enjoy dining on their victory at their own Bavarian VIP Table.
So get your bids in here!
How to win the Pork Knuckle of Destiny
- Place your bid – the bidding process is live now!
- Follow progress on our website and social media, and ensure your bid is the highest when bidding closes
- Carefully select five others to share in your moment of glory and all the delicious riches you will receive at the Anzapfen on the first Friday of the festival!
What you win
- Your logo proudly displayed on our website, along with the bid amount that you will personally present to Youngcare
- Regular announcements of the highest bidder on the Oktoberfest Brisbane social media pages
- A short description promoting your company/team on social media and in the Oktoberfest Brisbane eNewsletter, giving your company great exposure
- Photo of you with your prize at the ceremony and a Facebook post on our Oktoberfest Brisbane page from the Opening Ceremony
- Fanfare to usher you and your winning team members to your Bavarian VIP table.
- A framed, commemorative Pork Knuckle of Destiny certificate (to remember the prize long after it’s been eaten!)
Food and drinks
- Tuck into your winning Pork Knuckle of Destiny, accompanied with Sauerkraut and mashed potato
- Freshly-baked pretzels
- A stein filled with one of our specially brewed Oktoberfest Brisbane beers for you and each of your guests on arrival at your table
- Dedicated Bavarian VIP table service by traditionally-dressed wait staff
- Enjoy a ‘digestif’ round of schnapps for the table.
- Entry to the festival for you and your five dining companions
- Your own Bavarian VIP Table for the whole evening, to come and go as you please
- Free rides all night long, from 4pm
- Commemorative ‘Oktoberfest Brisbane’ cooler and stein each
- Commemorative ‘Oktoberfest Brisbane’ souvenir for each person.
Click here to find out more.