On Sunday 12th October Emily took that classic German food favourite, Wurst (yes, Sausage), and transformed it into a true Malaysian favourite, Roti Canai.
“I love fresh, local produce so I also prepared my signature Chilli Jam and a light Queensland Pineapple Salsa to round off the sausage dish, Roti Canai. It brings a perfect balance to the richness of the sausage and cheese. Enjoy … and I hope this makes your tummy happy!”, explained Emily.
For all the food fans who have been asking, here she shares it will us, you and everyone who loves food. Please feel free to try, enjoy and share these recipe with your family & friends.
500g Plain Flour
20g Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Condensed Milk
1 pinch of salt
1 Frankfurts sausage (or any other sausages you prefer)
- Mix all the ingredients well and knead the dough with a mixer with a dough hook for 5 mins. Cover with cling film in a bowl and rest in the fridge over night.
- The next day, take out the dough and let the dough rest at room temperature for 1 hour. Cut the dough with a cutter or knife into 8 portions and form each of the dough into a round shape.
- Oil the dough with hand and let the dough rest again for another 30 mins.
- Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand on a flat surface (lightly oiled) and stretch the dough till paper thin.
- Put some spiced sausages and cheese in the centre of the stretched dough and cover it up to form a square shape.
- Meanwhile heat the frying pan (lightly oiled) and pan fry the roti on each side till lightly brown.
- Serve hot!
Emily’s Chilli Jam
4 Chillies deseeded
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup palm sugar
1 punnet of very ripe strawberry
1 blood orange (segmented and reserve the juice)
1/2 tbs of grated ginger
1 kaffir lime leaf
1 lime (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Very simple! Just put everything together and cook on medium/high heat for about 15 mins until reduced or jam-like consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent the sugar burning.
Goes really well with any type of German Sausage from The German Sausage Hut!
Queenslander Pineapple Salsa:
1/2 Pineapple (cut into small cubes)
1/2 tablespoon of palm sugar
1/2 Spanish Onion (or red salad Onion)
1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
A handful of mint leave
Simply mix everything up and serve – it’s so simple and delicious!!!! Best side for any BBQ dishes!